Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Audio for iPhone use...

On my iPhone 7 + I am facing a loss of audio. I have received an on screen message that states the following:

Phone error code received:

"Message Cannot Be Played Couldn't initialize audio unit app state=Active NSOSStatusErrorDomain[1852794999]"

This problem has effected my use of the mobile telephone capabilities and an application or two have been stopped by this technical problem. No audio on calls.

Please advise as possible to a plan of action. Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 12:47 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2020 3:42 PM in response to camerahuman

Hello camerahuman,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have no sound on your iPhone 7 Plus. I’m happy to provide some steps that may help.

To start, make sure you’re running the latest iOS version. Installing an update can sometimes resolve unexpected issues:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, follow the steps in the article below for no sound:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

If none of the above helps, I suggest reinstalling iOS to further isolate whether the issue is software or hardware. While reinstalling iOS shouldn’t remove any data from your iPhone, it’s a good idea to create a backup first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To reinstall iOS, follow the steps in the article below, under the section labeled “Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again”:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Lost Audio for iPhone use...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.