Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i unfollow a thread?

I go to the thread, click "unfollow" at the top of the thread, refresh the page, and boom, "following" is back. I click "unfollow" then click to my subscriptions, and im "following" the thread, it wont stop blowing up my e-mail.

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 2:29 PM

Click your user name, then click ‘Preferences’. Now scroll down to ‘Receive Emails When’ and select the fourth entry and deselect to stop all emails from things you follow. That’s the only way I found to stop them. As you found out you apparently cannot unfollow a thread, it changes back immediately. I don't know if this is expected behavior or a bug in the forum software.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 2:29 PM in response to Aw1799

Click your user name, then click ‘Preferences’. Now scroll down to ‘Receive Emails When’ and select the fourth entry and deselect to stop all emails from things you follow. That’s the only way I found to stop them. As you found out you apparently cannot unfollow a thread, it changes back immediately. I don't know if this is expected behavior or a bug in the forum software.

Apr 15, 2020 7:35 AM in response to Skydiver119

Skydiver119 wrote:
Sometimes I’ve had to unfollow a thread multiple times. It almost seems like the more you’ve replied to a thread the more you have to unfollow it. One thread it took me over a week to stop seeing it.

Thank you! I just tried that and it worked (via the Follow button).

I understand the Community software is broken at the moment and thought that was why Follow wasn't working.

How do i unfollow a thread?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.