Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification of Gift Cards to buy stuff.

I am attempting to buy a game on the App Store but it says I need to “verify” a payment method. Only problem is that it says I can only verify a credit card and can’t use my gift card WITH BALANCE STILL LEFT ON IT.

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 1:39 AM

Did you redeem the gift card to have a credit balance on your account prior to attempting to make this purchase?

If you did, is the credit large enough to cover the purchase and any sales tax?

Otherwise, the system asks you to verify a payment method when it isn't convinced that the owner of the account is who is attempting to use the account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.3;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 1:39 AM in response to WilliamSang

Did you redeem the gift card to have a credit balance on your account prior to attempting to make this purchase?

If you did, is the credit large enough to cover the purchase and any sales tax?

Otherwise, the system asks you to verify a payment method when it isn't convinced that the owner of the account is who is attempting to use the account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.3;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Verification of Gift Cards to buy stuff.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.