Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air How do I change the directional effect of a photo in iMovie? I have two or three photos that START on top and FINISH towards the bottom. I want the opposite or no effect.

How do I change the directional effect of a photo in iMovie? I have two or three photos that START on top and FINISH towards the bottom. I want the opposite or no effect.

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:17 PM

Here's an online help link that explains the Ken Burns feature:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/movc6e02f503

-- Rich

2 replies

Mar 31, 2020 10:04 PM in response to suesings2

Select the clip that you want to change. Click on the crop tool (the one that looks like intersecting angles) in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. Click on Ken Burns in the selection box. Click on the reverse arrows to the right of the selection box. Click on the little blue reset button in the upper right of the screen to apply the changes. That will reverse the movement in your clip.

For the future, use the start and end adjustment rectangles in the Ken Burns preview screen display to set the start and end of your clip to control the movement direction.

-- Rich

MacBook Air How do I change the directional effect of a photo in iMovie? I have two or three photos that START on top and FINISH towards the bottom. I want the opposite or no effect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.