Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook factory reset and trying to reinstall macos

I recently just factory reset my mac. So heres what i did:

1. I think i manage to backup to time machine (still not 100% sure if i did it right)

2. I restart and hold the command R button which leads me to the tab where there are options in reinstalling mac os, disk utility and stuff, so i press disk utility and choose my disk and press erased with the format APFS. 3. Then i go ahead to reinstall mac os and it says i don’t have it or something? And the laptop got restarted

4. After being restarted when i tried to turn it on again theres an file icon with a question mark in the middle of it pops up

5. So i try to search what to do to fix it and they say i should turn it on again after turning it off while holding command R and it brought me to internet recovery. They asked me to pick my wifi so i did.

This is a little background on my wifi: i’m using superloop wifi and i’m currently staying in a student housing. To connect to this wifi i had to go into a portal and sign i’n then connect. It’s not the wifi thats immediately connected.

6. After picking my wifi suddenly theres a warning sign and “http://apple.com/support- 3001F” written on it

If i restart again and go to the internet recovery again, i don’t get a second chance to repicked the wifi, it brought me straight to the warning.

Please please reply as soon as possible i have an assignment due very soon that requires my macbook 😫 thank you so much. Here is some photos relating to my problem:

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 8:59 AM

Hi,

http://apple.com/support- 3001F means your WiFi connection is something wrong.

You'd better select restore from TimeMachine backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 1, 2020 9:12 PM in response to kaz-k

Hi thank you for replying but in my case for some reason i couldn’t go back to the tab where i can choose disk utility mac os and time machine. All i got after restarting millions of time is a symbol of file with a question mark on it and if i hold down command option R i get to go to the internet recovery page in which at first i was asked to put in my wifi but because of my wifi had to go through a portal first and sign in before it got connected, i think they can’t read my wifi. After going to the internet recovery for the second time though, it went straight to the warning instead of asking me for my wifi again.

but it’s all good now, after awhile they ask me for my wifi again (i’m guessing that the laptop got disconnected from my previous wifi so i can enter a new one) so i went and use my personal hotspot for it. Right now im installing my mac os again. Thank you though. Your answer is rlly helpful:)

Macbook factory reset and trying to reinstall macos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.