Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Mid-2015 randomly shut down, not light on charger, no signs of life

Hi

Last night my MacBook Pro 15" Mid- 2015 randomly shut down- according to the laptop it was 20% charged. I plugged my charger in and no light. I checked my charger and it works with other laptops so I'm guessing it's some type of computer problem.

Something interesting: When I plug the charger into my sister's laptop, it will charge normally and when I plug it into mine, the light shows, except after 5 minutes it will slowly fade to nothing.

I've tried SMC reset and I'm at a loss here. I got my Macbook's logic board replaced a couple weeks ago by a very respected business, so I'm super confused here.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:48 AM

lucycatx wrote:

Hi

Last night my MacBook Pro 15" Mid- 2015 randomly shut down-

I've tried SMC reset and I'm at a loss here. I got my Macbook's logic board replaced a couple weeks ago by a very respected business, so I'm super confused here.

Take it back and let them tell you what the issue is—typically you ave 90 warranty on all parts and labor

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 7:48 AM in response to lucycatx

lucycatx wrote:

Hi

Last night my MacBook Pro 15" Mid- 2015 randomly shut down-

Take it back and let them tell you what the issue is—typically you ave 90 warranty on all parts and labor

Macbook Pro Mid-2015 randomly shut down, not light on charger, no signs of life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.