but the charger won’t light up and I’m panicking

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 1:57 AM

Hi there,

Is your MacBook not turning on?

First, have you checked that your MacBook is connected via its original charger, to a working power outlet?

After you've verified this, there are a few steps we can take to see if you can fix the MacBook for yourself or that you will need to set up service with apple support

First, press and hold the power button of your Mac for about 10 seconds. On MacBooks with Touch ID, your power button is the Touch ID button. After this procedure, press and release the power button and see if the Mac will boot normally.

Second: If you have any accessories plugged in to your Mac, cables, usb drives etcetera, remove them from your Mac. After you've removed the accessoires, repeat step 1 to see if your Mac will boot normally.

Third: are you seeing something on your screen? A folder with a question mark? A circle with a Line through it?

Most of the times this is caused by a problem with macOS, see this link for further reference. If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If your Mac is booting but the screen is black, try and boot from macOS recovery:

1. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labelled Options. Select Options, then click Continue.
  2. If the startup options window never appears, release the power button, then repeat step 1.

If you can start up from macOS recovery, start disk uitility and perform disk first aid. After that, you can reinstall macos from macOS recovery. If you cannot start up from macOS recovery, most of the times your Mac is not turning on at all.

If your Mac is still not turning on, you will need to set your Mac up for hardware service at apple support . , contact Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 1:57 AM in response to khakhjdjdbue

Hi there,

Is your MacBook not turning on?

First, have you checked that your MacBook is connected via its original charger, to a working power outlet?

After you've verified this, there are a few steps we can take to see if you can fix the MacBook for yourself or that you will need to set up service with apple support

First, press and hold the power button of your Mac for about 10 seconds. On MacBooks with Touch ID, your power button is the Touch ID button. After this procedure, press and release the power button and see if the Mac will boot normally.

Second: If you have any accessories plugged in to your Mac, cables, usb drives etcetera, remove them from your Mac. After you've removed the accessoires, repeat step 1 to see if your Mac will boot normally.

Third: are you seeing something on your screen? A folder with a question mark? A circle with a Line through it?

Most of the times this is caused by a problem with macOS, see this link for further reference. If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If your Mac is booting but the screen is black, try and boot from macOS recovery:

1. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labelled Options. Select Options, then click Continue.
  2. If the startup options window never appears, release the power button, then repeat step 1.

If you can start up from macOS recovery, start disk uitility and perform disk first aid. After that, you can reinstall macos from macOS recovery. If you cannot start up from macOS recovery, most of the times your Mac is not turning on at all.

If your Mac is still not turning on, you will need to set your Mac up for hardware service at apple support . , contact Apple Support

My m2 MacBook Air randomly stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.