Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

Im looking to buy an apple watch for my wife. I was hoping to not have to connect it to my cellular service but she would still like to access features such as music and text without her phone next to her. Is that possible? if so, is that technology available on the on the series 3 and series 5? Thanks!

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:19 AM

You could download some music on the watch and use listen to that music separately from the iPhone. But if you want texting without the iPhone nearby, you would have to connect the watch to the same cellular provider as your iPhone. See the reply to:

Playing music on Apple Watch without cell… - Apple Community

and

Use Apple Watch with a cellular network - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 10:19 AM in response to adamatticus

You could download some music on the watch and use listen to that music separately from the iPhone. But if you want texting without the iPhone nearby, you would have to connect the watch to the same cellular provider as your iPhone. See the reply to:

Playing music on Apple Watch without cell… - Apple Community

and

Use Apple Watch with a cellular network - Apple Support

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.