Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible Scam..Please Help?

Today a message has appeared on my iPad home screen when starting which says:

“ Settings

Confirm iPad Passcode.

To continue using ICloud , Confirm your new iPad Passcode.” When I then go into settings there is the normal 1 in a red alert button.

” Confirm your iPad passcode to continue using iCloud . You recently changed the password you use to unlock this iPad.

This passcode also protects access to data stored in iCloud.

I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY PASSCODE.! Please help, is this a scam, what do I need to do ? Linda Christie (lechristie)

Thanks in anticipation

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 3:23 PM

I’ve not myself seen those System messages before - but, of themselves, their “appearance” look genuine enough.

I would suggest that, if concerned, you might reach out to either the Apple Support or Apple Account Security teams to confirm that these prompts are genuine.

Apple Support can be contacted using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Apple Account Security can be contacted here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

Please let us know how you get on.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 3:23 PM in response to lechristie

I’ve not myself seen those System messages before - but, of themselves, their “appearance” look genuine enough.

I would suggest that, if concerned, you might reach out to either the Apple Support or Apple Account Security teams to confirm that these prompts are genuine.

Apple Support can be contacted using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Apple Account Security can be contacted here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

Please let us know how you get on.

Possible Scam..Please Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.