Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update your Applei ID Password Scam

Today on my Ipad and I phone I received a pop up that appeared from Apple requesting that I update my apple id password. I also received text messages with dual authentication prompt when I turned off device.

Looking at comments online some say this is phishing. so I am asking the experts before I act

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:42 AM

To be safe I'd recommend changing your passwords. You can change your Apple ID password from here: https://appleid.apple.com.

If you're using Gmail, Yahoo, etc. as an email service for Apple ID, I'd recommend changing your password for that account as well.

To be safe, never navigate to websites that aren't using the HTTPS protocol. Just because the server is using the HTTPS protocol doesn't mean it's safe however. So please also don't navigate to websites you're unfamiliar with. Please also never click on links, attachments, or provide information to unknown senders (this includes email (phishing), text (smishing), and phone/voice (vishing)). Attackers are smart and can spoof their email and/or phone number to look real. That is why it's always smart to navigate to the website yourself instead of clicking links and attachments they provide.

These attacks are very serious and it's important your passwords are strong and changed often. Most companies make their employees change passwords every 90 days.

I'd recommend using Apple Keychain for help managing strong passwords. Please read:

1. Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support
  2. How to find saved passwords on your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. How to find saved passwords on your Mac - Apple Support

I hope this helps and stay safe!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 5:42 AM in response to jgies

To be safe I'd recommend changing your passwords. You can change your Apple ID password from here: https://appleid.apple.com.

If you're using Gmail, Yahoo, etc. as an email service for Apple ID, I'd recommend changing your password for that account as well.

To be safe, never navigate to websites that aren't using the HTTPS protocol. Just because the server is using the HTTPS protocol doesn't mean it's safe however. So please also don't navigate to websites you're unfamiliar with. Please also never click on links, attachments, or provide information to unknown senders (this includes email (phishing), text (smishing), and phone/voice (vishing)). Attackers are smart and can spoof their email and/or phone number to look real. That is why it's always smart to navigate to the website yourself instead of clicking links and attachments they provide.

These attacks are very serious and it's important your passwords are strong and changed often. Most companies make their employees change passwords every 90 days.

I'd recommend using Apple Keychain for help managing strong passwords. Please read:

1. Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support
  2. How to find saved passwords on your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. How to find saved passwords on your Mac - Apple Support

I hope this helps and stay safe!

Update your Applei ID Password Scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.