Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv gen 3 stuck at “data privacy” when set up

Hi all,

after reset, I try to set up apple tv gen 3 with iphone X by touching Iphone with apple tv (evidently you can do that thanks to bluetooth LE).

Problem is, after filling in icloud and pass and ok, I’m taken to a windows “Privacy data...” asking me to choose “continue” or “learrn more” where I cannot use the iphone to choose cause it’s not connected yet and I don’t have the original remote, thus, cannot get pass this particular windows to complete the set up.

anyone knows how to get thru this??

Thanks,

Linh

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 3:20 AM

The Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) need a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote app.

For the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), your options are:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 3:20 AM in response to Linhnguyen.swe

The Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) need a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote app.

For the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), your options are:

Apple tv gen 3 stuck at “data privacy” when set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.