Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Audio Drops

I've been having this problem on all of my sessions where audio on individual tracks will cut out from anywhere between 0.5–2 seconds. I don't have any trial plug-ins, my CPU usage seems fine, and I don't have tons of automation.

Here's a link to a soundcloud file demonstrating what is happening to the guitar track:

https://soundcloud.com/aaron-feeney/audio-glitch-test/s-FzeFdYz2Pvf

I've made sure both Logic and my computer are up to date software-wise. I did recently switch to this computer from a MacBook Air, and I made sure that all my plug-ins were registered onto this computer. It's showing up in the bounced files as well.

Anyone encounter this problem before and get it fixed?? What did you do?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:51 AM

I FIGURED IT OUT.

I disabled every plug-in I had on the session and the culprit ended up being Izotope's Ozone Imager. This wasn't a cracked or trailed plug-in, but it was free and I think was an older edition.

EDIT: It wasn't yet authorised on my new computer. I thought I had authorised all of my plug-ins through iLok, but didn't think about all the plug-ins not on iLok.

Thanks for rackin' your brains with me. Glad to finally have this fixed.

Best,

Aaron

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 8:51 AM in response to AaronFeeney

I FIGURED IT OUT.

I disabled every plug-in I had on the session and the culprit ended up being Izotope's Ozone Imager. This wasn't a cracked or trailed plug-in, but it was free and I think was an older edition.

EDIT: It wasn't yet authorised on my new computer. I thought I had authorised all of my plug-ins through iLok, but didn't think about all the plug-ins not on iLok.

Thanks for rackin' your brains with me. Glad to finally have this fixed.

Best,

Aaron

Apr 2, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Wilddrums

I do have automation on a few tracks, but it's all very very minimal. Regardless, I disabled all of the automation, restarted the project and played it without automation, and the problem still persisted. I'm using a Scarlett 18i8 for my interface, and have unplugged that– the problem persists.

When I start the project, the volume drop always plays in the same spot (where it happens on the recording). However, if I go back, it plays through that part as normal, but will still happen other places throughout the track on different instruments.

Apr 2, 2020 8:47 AM in response to AaronFeeney

OK. So it is something happening at playback and it shows in the bounce. I can only suspect something in the project itself but you said it happens in other projects as well. What bugs me is it is random.

I suggest you start a clean new project with no plugins and automation. Then import the audio file from the first project. Same thing? Just to clean out things, you can close all applications and restart the computer before.

Yes, being self-isolated has it issues. Many friends asking for technical help.

WD

Random Audio Drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.