Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Status bar after logging in with password is freezing, can’t get past this screen?

My work computer which is new and a MacBook won’t let me get passed the login screen after entering my password. A bar starts to fill up, gets to 100 percent filled and then goes back to about 95 percent filled and everything freezes.

This is my first MacBook and I’ll admit I’m clueless. I just received this computer yesterday and got it all set up and it was working great. Then I shut it down and it updated and now this issue. I can’t get ahold of IT to help because I don’t technically start this new job for a few more days.

I’ve tried all the keyboard shortcuts from google searches and nothing works. My password won’t work for recovery mode so I guess there just be another password that I don’t know about from when IT originally set it up before mailing it to me. Safe mode also won’t start up for me. I can’t afford to lose any data on it because it is set up with company specific software.

After the login bar fills to 100 percent it appears to be logged in because the touch keys light up at the top and I can get to the F Keys, mute, brightness adjustment etc...but when I press a key it just beeps and loading screen is stuck around 95 percent.

I even tried connecting a second monitor as I had seen mentioned somewhere and that gave me access to the mouse almost like it was signed in. However, the second monitor was black so I couldn’t do anything.

Can anyone offer any advice?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 11:00 AM

If your employer configured their Mac for your use they're the ones to ask. It is most likely bound to their network and your login credentials have not yet been set up.

Until you are able to contact them you might be able to log in using "Safe Mode" but be advised a lot of things do not work properly in that mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 11:00 AM in response to msturgeon88

If your employer configured their Mac for your use they're the ones to ask. It is most likely bound to their network and your login credentials have not yet been set up.

Until you are able to contact them you might be able to log in using "Safe Mode" but be advised a lot of things do not work properly in that mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Status bar after logging in with password is freezing, can’t get past this screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.