Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show my caller ID spinning wheel on iPhone

I have an iPhone 8 . When I go on caller ID I can’t turn on or off as it shows the spinning wheel .

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 10:43 PM

I fixed this! Months of trying all the answers / googling.

All you have to do:

Toggle ‘mobile data’ to off (settings -> mobile)

Toggle ‘show my caller ID’ (settings-> show my caller ID

Now you can toggle mobile data back on - FIXED! :)

95 replies

Jun 23, 2020 4:02 AM in response to cyberfergus

Have the same problem and I discovered it is is WiFi related (one very specific WiFi network that I use), so I assume the issue is something to do with Phone over WiFi (Wi-Fi Calling).

My workaround that consistently works is either (1) Temporarily turn off WiFi or (2) Temporality put into AirPlane Mode then Show My Caller ID immediately works without hanging then re-enable

Feb 12, 2021 11:38 PM in response to Olivia R

None of these suggestions worked for me. I have a solution that did work but it kind of stinks. You go into settings>general>reset>reset all settings. It works without having to backup and reinstall anything. You will have to redo all your other settings but you won’t lose any data or media on your phone. I bit the bullet and tried it because my setting was stuck in “off” and I was only getting the loading circle. So anytime I called family it would go directly to voicemail because they have the send unknown numbers to voicemail setting “on”. It was infuriating. Anyway. It worked for me. Good luck.

Apr 23, 2021 4:42 AM in response to cyberfergus

I have the same problem with my IPhone 12pro Max. I have tried turning the phone off then on, tried turning wifi off, tried turning wifi, wifi calling, Bluetooth all off, tried aeroplane mode, still I get the spinning wheel.

nothing fixes it and my phone is stuck on no caller ID which is frustrating as most people don’t answer no caller ID (I personally don’t) or they have it blocked.

very frustrated...

Apr 23, 2021 10:01 AM in response to FrustratedAppleUser110

I honestly don’t see why I should have to contact my service provider considering that I was able to turn it on and off previously, it just suddenly decided to not work.

id understand if I’d never touched it before, and got the phone from the provider but I have been able to change it previously no problem.

I hate having to contact companies over silly things that should just work, but I guess it’s my only remaining option.

not happy.

May 15, 2021 7:21 AM in response to gil2127

Turning off WIFI worked for me with my new SE 2020 - works for the spinning wheel problem with Show Caller ID, Call Waiting, and Call Forwarding. The SLIDER Button was not showing for any of theses phone features, just got the Spinning Wheel. Once the WIFI was turned off - by swiping up from bottom of screen and turning off - problem was resolved.

Have turned the WIFI back on and features are now still operational.

This looks like a problem that Apple needs to address in a sysytem update.

Show my caller ID spinning wheel on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.