Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not downloading

I'm trying to download the iMovie app on my Macbook Air and it will not download. I've had it before so when I try to download it, it has the little cloud with the arrow picture but when I click on it nothing happens and it won't show up in my applications. I have everything updated to the macOS Catalina and plenty of room on my mac but the app still won't download. All I get is a second of the waiting wheel and then back to the cloud with the arrow. Help.

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 6:15 PM

Hmmmm. That's odd. Is it possible that you purchased the apps under a different Apple I.D? If so, you can try signing in with the I.D. that you used to make the purchase.

Also, to cover the bases, recheck your Applications folder to see if iMovie actually did download.

Finally, try typing in "iMovie 10 app" into the app store search box. iMovie 10 will be shown among other apps. See if you can download it from there. Again, you might need to use your purchase I.D, if different than your present I.D.

If the above is not applicable or successful, try shutting down and rebooting in Safe Mode (see Finder help menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, reboot in normal mode. Then sign in to the app store and see if your apps will download.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 6:15 PM in response to emijohanna

Hmmmm. That's odd. Is it possible that you purchased the apps under a different Apple I.D? If so, you can try signing in with the I.D. that you used to make the purchase.

Also, to cover the bases, recheck your Applications folder to see if iMovie actually did download.

Finally, try typing in "iMovie 10 app" into the app store search box. iMovie 10 will be shown among other apps. See if you can download it from there. Again, you might need to use your purchase I.D, if different than your present I.D.

If the above is not applicable or successful, try shutting down and rebooting in Safe Mode (see Finder help menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, reboot in normal mode. Then sign in to the app store and see if your apps will download.

-- Rich

Apr 2, 2020 5:19 PM in response to emijohanna

To download iMovie, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the

trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your

computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your

purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side

bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10.

Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present

iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

iMovie not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.