Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean my mac

After purchasing and installing CMM my iMac is running considerably slower? Any advice appreciated.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 5:58 AM

Uninstall CMM as per the developer's instructions. No Anti-Virus software or so-called “cleaning” apps are needed or recommended for Mac OS. They can conflict with Mac's own built-in security. At best they will slow your Mac by using unnecessary resources and at worst will bork your entire system. Your Mac has all the built-in protection you need. CMM is renowned for overly aggressively cleaning important system files.

https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 5:58 AM in response to yonny

Uninstall CMM as per the developer's instructions. No Anti-Virus software or so-called “cleaning” apps are needed or recommended for Mac OS. They can conflict with Mac's own built-in security. At best they will slow your Mac by using unnecessary resources and at worst will bork your entire system. Your Mac has all the built-in protection you need. CMM is renowned for overly aggressively cleaning important system files.

https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Apr 3, 2020 9:02 AM in response to yonny

Welcome!

Remember that the macOS is like a cat--it cleans itself. That is what make every third-party product that claimi to clean, disinfect, organize, defrag, or change your Mac's nappies a scam.

Since its birth about 2000, OSX has enjoyed built-in maintenance routines. They are programmed to run in the wee hours of the morning when the computer is not is use. If the computer is tuned off, they run in the background after the next startup. Some run once a month, some once a week, and some daily.

Clean my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.