Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with sharing an iCloud folder with another Mac user

I select the folder in Finder-->iCloud Drive, control click to get the Share option, select email to send the invitation, enter the email of the other person. That creates and sends and email with the shared folder as an attachment.

What does the other user need to do to now add this shared folder to their iCloud drive? I've tried saving it there, and it saves. But, it does not appear to be shared because changes made on their computer don't reflect on the original document in the shared folder.

Both computers are up-to-date with Catalina10.15.4.

All I want to do is give both of us access to two documents where if either of us makes changes using Pages, the changes are reflected in the other person's copy.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 11:16 AM

Hi Bmtndog, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are still having an issue with sharing an iCloud folder. You are not seeing changes that are being made in documents. I want to help. This article has the steps to take to Share folders and files in iCloud Drive on iPhone - Apple Support

When you make changes to a folder or file, others see your changes automatically. If you allow people to make edits, their changes appear automatically as well. Depending on the app, users might need to reopen a file or tap the original link to see the latest changes.

Hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Wishes!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 11:16 AM in response to Bmtndog

Hi Bmtndog, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are still having an issue with sharing an iCloud folder. You are not seeing changes that are being made in documents. I want to help. This article has the steps to take to Share folders and files in iCloud Drive on iPhone - Apple Support

When you make changes to a folder or file, others see your changes automatically. If you allow people to make edits, their changes appear automatically as well. Depending on the app, users might need to reopen a file or tap the original link to see the latest changes.

Hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Wishes!

Need help with sharing an iCloud folder with another Mac user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.