Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad using iOS10.33 Cannot remove visited website lists

How do I remove the lists of website visited which is shown in advanced website data? I have tried to remove each one using delete , but this not not permanently remove the website from the list. If I reset and download saved files from iCloud, will the list be reinstalled?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:14 AM

The website data has nothing to do with iCloud. It is not stored there.

Website data is stored on the device only. And it will be added every time you visit a website for that particular website, including the icloud.com website. If you delete it and visit the website again, or visit a website that has content from another website you will get that website data.

It is the way all browsers work. They need to download content and data from the website to display it to you.

If you want to stop browser data from every being saved, use Private mode in Safari or a similar setting in any other browser you use.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 10:14 AM in response to Howdoyou367

The website data has nothing to do with iCloud. It is not stored there.

Website data is stored on the device only. And it will be added every time you visit a website for that particular website, including the icloud.com website. If you delete it and visit the website again, or visit a website that has content from another website you will get that website data.

It is the way all browsers work. They need to download content and data from the website to display it to you.

If you want to stop browser data from every being saved, use Private mode in Safari or a similar setting in any other browser you use.

Apr 4, 2020 5:20 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and content.

My major concern is that although I can delete the data for the website , I cannot remove the website from the list of websites visited. On all of my other browsers used on a PC , when I delete history, all of the website data including the history list of websites is removed.

If I use reset on the iPad and reinstall from my saved files on iCloud will the list be reinstalled?

iPad using iOS10.33 Cannot remove visited website lists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.