Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SAFARI app removed from dock. Now missing!

My safari was frozen so I "force quit" it. Then the safari app on my dock had a question mark on it. I searched the internet for a reason and what to do. I read that I should remove it from the dock. This is exactly what I did. But now I searched everywhere on my computer (in applications, spotlight search, help, recent items, system preferences, anywhere that I could search) and it is no where to be found. IMPORTANT- I do not have anything backed up to my Time Machine either. (checked there)

I then tried restarting my computer and no luck. It did not return. I tried to restart my computer and while restarting I hit (command + r) to try and reinstall but once to the screen where it would show me to reinstall Safari, it was not there either.

Finally, my question. What happened to my Safari app and how can I reinstall, recover or whatever is necessary. I am also assuming that all my saved information on the app is no longer available. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 3:49 PM

The screen "glitch" is not abnormal using Safe Mode.

Did you see my subsequent reply: If that is not successful, the correct reinstallation procedures are outlined in: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

I would recommend: Reinstall macOS from the built-in recovery disk on your computer: Press and hold Command-R until the Utilities window appears.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 3:49 PM in response to darien0519

The screen "glitch" is not abnormal using Safe Mode.

Did you see my subsequent reply: If that is not successful, the correct reinstallation procedures are outlined in: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

I would recommend: Reinstall macOS from the built-in recovery disk on your computer: Press and hold Command-R until the Utilities window appears.

Apr 3, 2020 4:05 PM in response to darien0519

darien0519 Said:

"I tried this. When I was in safe mode, safari did not return but my computer screen started to glitch which is new."

-------

Create a New User:

See if Safari is revealed when you create a new user If it is, then it is something misconfigured in your current user. So, transfer all this information to the new user, and then trash this current user.

SAFARI app removed from dock. Now missing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.