Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming WhatsApp video calls have no alert sound!!

My IPhone 11 makes no sounds when there is an incoming Video Call On WhatsApp? It rings when it’s just the phone call & pings when it’s a message - but nothing on the video call! I’m now missing calls? Thought I’d looked through all the notifications but I must be missing something- any ideas!!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 4:10 PM

Hello FiSaxon,

Thanks for the post! Audio notifications are a great function, and I understand you're not hearing them for some types of notifications in WhatsApp. I'm glad to see what help I can offer.

It sounds like you checked Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp already. Is that right? Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Have you also checked Settings > WhatsApp to see if there may be any relevant settings there?

It might also help to make sure your iphone and the app are updated:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If that doesn't seem to clear things up, you could reinstall the app as well: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the issue persists after, I recommend contacting the developer: How to contact an app developer

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 4:10 PM in response to FiSaxon

Hello FiSaxon,

Thanks for the post! Audio notifications are a great function, and I understand you're not hearing them for some types of notifications in WhatsApp. I'm glad to see what help I can offer.

It sounds like you checked Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp already. Is that right? Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Have you also checked Settings > WhatsApp to see if there may be any relevant settings there?

It might also help to make sure your iphone and the app are updated:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If that doesn't seem to clear things up, you could reinstall the app as well: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the issue persists after, I recommend contacting the developer: How to contact an app developer

Take care.

Incoming WhatsApp video calls have no alert sound!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.