Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay sync on Apple TV

I have a video on my MacBook Pro. It plays in sync when I play it in QuickTime or VLC. If I AirPlay the video to Apple TV and set the MBP screen to mirror, and the audio to play from Apple TV, the sound is wildly out of sync. I press play on the MBP and the video starts immediately, but the audio doesn't. About a second later the audio starts and of course it's now way out of sync. If I throw the video to the Apple TV, but leave the audio output on the laptop speakers, the audio is in sync (or close it) with the video on the Apple TV. I press play and the video starts on the TV, and the audio simultaneously plays from the Mac.

Clearly this is not the way the system is intended to be used. Can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks very much.

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:59 PM

Hello,

For example with QuickTime, when you are playing a video there is an AirPlay button inline with the video’s controls. When you use this option rather than mirroring, the Mac will send both audio and video in sync to the Apple TV. When mirroring audio can some times become out of sync of video.

4 replies

AirPlay sync on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.