Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to AirPlay my MacBook Pro to my LG tv.

Hi

i have an LG tv that is able to mirror my Mac book but won’t play once connected to AirPlay.the screen goes gran and won’t play.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 18, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 4:25 PM

Did you add the TV as an accessory to the Home app (on Mac or iPhone or iPad), and assign it a named room? That may be required for AirPlay 2.

Verify the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings on the LG TV. Is AirPlay receiving functionality turned on? Does it have the wanted access settings?

How to use Airplay & what LG TV's support AirPlay 2 - LG Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 4:25 PM in response to Lu1186

Did you add the TV as an accessory to the Home app (on Mac or iPhone or iPad), and assign it a named room? That may be required for AirPlay 2.

Verify the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings on the LG TV. Is AirPlay receiving functionality turned on? Does it have the wanted access settings?

How to use Airplay & what LG TV's support AirPlay 2 - LG Support

Unable to AirPlay my MacBook Pro to my LG tv.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.