Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error -2002F when after reformatting starting the install process

Hi there, I have a MacBook Air from mid 2013 with Catalina. I erased the disks (Data and then the OS) based on the steps listed in the help section. on completion, when trying to reboot with Command R to start the install of Catalina again, the rotation globe appears on the screen and the WiFi name (I ensured to enter the password correctly) and after a while a message of -2002F appears (an issue with WIFI?). I also connected the MacBook directly to the router with an Ethernet cable and an adaptor but it does not recognise neither of these options.

Hope someone could help please with any idea. Thank you in advance.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 6:06 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities JT1800,

I see that you're getting an error message when trying to reformat your MacBook Air. I'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

Take a look at the articles below. The first one refers to the screens you may see upon starting your Mac and the steps to take to resolve those issues. The second can help with macOS Recovery, by providing some additional steps.

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

About macOS Recovery

Let me know how this goes and if you still continue to receive the error code.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 6:06 AM in response to JT1800

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities JT1800,

I see that you're getting an error message when trying to reformat your MacBook Air. I'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

Take a look at the articles below. The first one refers to the screens you may see upon starting your Mac and the steps to take to resolve those issues. The second can help with macOS Recovery, by providing some additional steps.

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

About macOS Recovery

Let me know how this goes and if you still continue to receive the error code.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Error -2002F when after reformatting starting the install process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.