Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy photo albums from USB to iPad maintaining the album structure

I have 65GB of photos in abt 120 albums stored on both OneDrive and USB - I would like to transfer them to iPad internal photo storage maintaining the album structure - Is there a simple way of achieving this without using iCloud account ( I don’t want to pay for another cloud storage - in fact I will cancel my OneDrive storage plan after I copy the photos ) appreciate any help

iPad mini, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 11:00 PM

Hello,

This is not possible. As a work around you can create a new album in the Photos application > Drag and drop a specific album’s contents onto this album and those photos will be added to the album while also being imported to the Photos application.

5 replies

Apr 4, 2020 9:11 AM in response to Joffa1953

Hello,

Open Photos and Files in Split View. In Files navigate to your USB drive. In Photos create a new album. In Files > Select all of your desired photos for the new album you just created > Drag and Drop them from Files to Photos.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

How to multitask with Split View on your iPad — Apple Support

How to drag and drop on iPad — Apple Support

How to copy photo albums from USB to iPad maintaining the album structure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.