Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates didn't complete.

How do I get app updates to complete?

On March 31st, I got an update notice from the App Store to update Pages. Numbers and Keynote, all versions 10.0. on my IMac with OS version Catalina 10.15.4. The Numbers update completed downloading and gave an Open icon. The Pages and Keynote updates didn't complete, can't get them to complete, don't know how to get them to complete.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 12:06 PM

Drag the ones in the Applications folder into the Trash but don't Empty. Open App Store, click on Updates. Find the two that did not download and click on the Get button. If that works, then Empty the Trash. If it doesn't, then select the ones in the Trash, CTRL- or RIGHT-click on each and select Put Back from the context menu. Then try it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 12:06 PM in response to karlfromgillette

Drag the ones in the Applications folder into the Trash but don't Empty. Open App Store, click on Updates. Find the two that did not download and click on the Get button. If that works, then Empty the Trash. If it doesn't, then select the ones in the Trash, CTRL- or RIGHT-click on each and select Put Back from the context menu. Then try it again.

Apr 5, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Kappy

Kappy,

Thanks the reply. Went through the process you described. The Keynotes download completed. For Pages, after App Store>updates, Pages indicated the square/progress download circle instead after hitting the Get button (just a very thin black line left to download, same as originally). Put Pages back from the Trash and repeated the procedure but this time there was no Get button, just the same download progress circle. I can still open the Pages application for use and assuming still the previous version.

Updates didn't complete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.