Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost apple id password and recovery phone

My neighbour asked me to help her. Her IPad (I think it is an IPad 2) suddenly asks to get activated using her Apple ID and password. The problem is that the IPad is 4-5 years old and she never used her Apple ID since she bought it. I have tried to reset the password using https://iforgot.apple.com however, now the second problem comes. It wants to recover using the phone number registered with the Apple ID. And that phone number is not active anymore (she got new phone number since).

Is it really not possible to recover the Apple Id using some other methods, e.g. the e-mail address associated with the Apple ID or other information she only knows?

THanks for any input

(Yes, I know she brought herself into the trouble herself, but the lady is 70+ old, so hard to blame her)

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:42 AM

Can you get an email option?

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Or fill out and submit  iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support  The form is for iTunes, but will get passed to the ID Support section. 

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 10:42 AM in response to kristiankjaer

Can you get an email option?

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Or fill out and submit  iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support  The form is for iTunes, but will get passed to the ID Support section. 

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Lost apple id password and recovery phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.