Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's a problem loading this content in Iphone11 Apple TV app

I have downloaded 10 movies on to my Iphone 11

and half of the movies cannot be displayed it says "There's a problem loading this content",

but I wateched the movies in itune from my computer, all played fine.

all the movies in mp4 format.

any help?

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 2:57 AM

This link couldn't be less useful if it was just blank. The OP said that this was in relation to downloaded video on the iPhone. I have the same problem. I have downloaded, say, 10 films/home videos and only 50% work. The rest say "There was a problem loading this content". If I pause the video and scroll left and right, the content is there it just WONT PLAY. I've updated to the lasted firmware etc, but still happens. Very weird. This needs looking at.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 2:57 AM in response to Joseph_S.

This link couldn't be less useful if it was just blank. The OP said that this was in relation to downloaded video on the iPhone. I have the same problem. I have downloaded, say, 10 films/home videos and only 50% work. The rest say "There was a problem loading this content". If I pause the video and scroll left and right, the content is there it just WONT PLAY. I've updated to the lasted firmware etc, but still happens. Very weird. This needs looking at.

Apr 9, 2020 4:40 PM in response to sdean5a

Hey sdean5a,

Thanks for the update. Since it seems to happen to only half of the downloaded movies, you may need to delete and download the movies again.

Are these movies downloaded from the iTunes Store?

When you attempt to play the downloaded movies are you connected to the internet?

"How to redownload movies and TV shows on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app. Sign in with the same Apple ID that you originally used to purchase the item.
  2. On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap  More in the menu at the bottom of the screen, then tap  Purchased. On an iPad, just tap  Purchased. 
  3. At the top of the screen, tap Movies or tap TV Shows.
  4. If you use Family Sharing and you want to see content that a family member purchased, tap the family member’s name.
  5. Find the movie or TV show that you want to redownload, then tap it. 
  6. Tap the download button  for the title. When the download completes, you can find the movie or TV show in the Apple TV app. Don't see the item that you purchased?"

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Have a good one.

Apr 7, 2020 10:21 AM in response to sdean5a

Hi sdean5a,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like there is a problem loading content on the Apple TV app. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

May 11, 2020 12:25 PM in response to sdean5a

The problem isn't our MP4 videos. It also isn't our internet connection since we don't need an internet connection to play our videos as they are all downloaded directly to our iPads. The problem is the new iOS update 13.4.1. I just updated to the newest update. I have been able to play my MP4 videos for many months/years without any issues. It's only been since this specific update that has caused the issue. I literally just played this same movie (an mp4) two days ago. I then have updated my iPad to the 13.4.1 after playing it. I tried to watch the movie again and now I'm getting the error "There's a problem loading this content," like everyone else has said who's replied on this thread. There is another thread at another website with numerous other people having the same issue appears. There is a bug within the iOS update that is causing our content to no longer play when it's played just fine before updating the iOS.

May 18, 2020 10:44 AM in response to sdean5a

Have the same problem. In starts with iPad OS 13.4 or 13.4.1 on iPad Pro 12.9 2018. Now I bought new iPad Pro 2020 - the same problem. I'm trying to play videos converted on my computer to .m4v or .mp4 last 5 years. The problem occurs with videos that have 6-ch AAC sound. Videos with 2-ch AAC playing ok. I played that videos for the last years on many iPads.

I loaded that movies to the iPhone 7 with iOS 13.4.1 - and it works good. So the problem with the iPad OS versions 13.4 - 13.4.1.

There's a problem loading this content in Iphone11 Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.