Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spot erase does not work

Trying to use Spot Erase in Logic Pro X. When I click Spot Erase, the little window appears, but the note doesn't flash red. It only has an "x" in it.

Does Spot Erase not work for audio files? All the help notes I see show Spot Erase being used in a software track.

Thanx.

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:46 AM

Are you trying to use Spot Erase on audio recording? It is for MIDI recording only.

https://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.4.7/?lang=en#/lgcp90a4fa4e

What are you trying to achieve exactly?

WD

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 4, 2020 11:02 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thanx for the quick response!

I'm a bassist recording my band's live performances and there's some noisy spots in my drummer's tom mic channels and overheads that I'd like to clean up. Basically, just erase or mute the sections of the track where the mic'ed drum isn't being played, but the open mic is picking up extraneous noises. Other than lay down a take (region) with no audio on it and switch regions between the noisy take and the blank take, I haven't found the way to do that, except fade-out and fade-in?

Thanx again!

Apr 4, 2020 11:12 AM in response to gerioneil

Actually, I think I found what I was looking for. I wasn't searching for the right term. I jut learned about the "Replace Recording" button.

See, I'm 62 years old and I had a playing and recording career in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. I'm still rooted in 2-inch tape machines an huge analog consoles. I've been playing again for 10 years and I've been struggling to learn this wonderful way of recording that I'm so far behind on. But I'm learning little by little.

Spot erase does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.