Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos stuck on "Restoring from icloud"

I updated my OS to Catalina a few months back. I have my Photo library on an external drive.

All mobile devices backup to the cloud and set up to download and save onto the ext. drive as well.

Since the OS update to Catalina (and after Photos updated it's library) most photos showed up, but icloud downloading has never happened and there is a "Restoring from icloud" message that has remained unchanged.

I've left the app open for DAYS at a time, held option upon opening the app (to choose the library, double checked "ignore ownership" and mac journaling on my ext. drive.

Any ideas?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:35 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 7, 2020 1:16 PM in response to Bmmmm

Hi, Bmmmm,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities for help with the Photos app on your Mac. I'm happy to provide some assistance!

It sounds like you're having trouble getting iCloud Photos to complete sync. To troubleshoot this, start with Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support.

You may also find the steps in Get help with the Photos app on your Mac - Apple Support helpful.

Have a great day.

Photos stuck on "Restoring from icloud"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.