Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shift + click to select and copy multiple markers not working

In Global Tracks, Markers, I have created several Chord markers. Later in the song the chord progression repeats itself (new verse). I would like to just select and copy that whole series of chord changes and then paste that whole selection to a different place in the song as I proceed with my arrangement. My problem is, I press shift and I start clicking on the markers I want to copy, but each time I click on a new marker, the previous one is no longer highlighted. Sometimes two or three will highlight and I choose the next one and they all are no longer highlighted (aargh!). I am unable to select several all at once and copy the batch. Something won't let it happen. I have searched for solutions and have tried a procedure described in a discussion about the Activity Monitor, but that did not work The procedure I'm trying to perform is best explained in a youtube video by MusicTechHelpGuy entitled "Logic Pro X - Using Markers." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptVYQtQpe2E&t=163s It's at about 2:35 in.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Richard

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:09 AM

Thanks for you reply. The problem is in the selection process. I want to select several markers at once and copy them to a new location. I'm unable to do so. But... This morning I woke up with a thought. I went to my work area, turned off the wireless keyboard and tried performing the procedure using just the Macbook keyboard and trackpad. "Voila!" I could perform the procedure. So I don't know what's going on, but it appears to be a hardware problem. I wanted to get a usb keyboard with a numbpad anyway, so we'll see. Again, thanks for responding.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 9:09 AM in response to Thyss_81

Thanks for you reply. The problem is in the selection process. I want to select several markers at once and copy them to a new location. I'm unable to do so. But... This morning I woke up with a thought. I went to my work area, turned off the wireless keyboard and tried performing the procedure using just the Macbook keyboard and trackpad. "Voila!" I could perform the procedure. So I don't know what's going on, but it appears to be a hardware problem. I wanted to get a usb keyboard with a numbpad anyway, so we'll see. Again, thanks for responding.

Apr 5, 2020 5:00 AM in response to Richard394

After selection. Don't click but use the key command "cmd-c"(Copy). Then put the playhead to the place you want to paste the copied selection. If the playhead isn't allready on the right paste place use the keys <>(with comma, dot under it)for moving the playhead left/right to the desired location. Then use the key command cmd-v to paste.

Hope it helps. Let us know

Shift + click to select and copy multiple markers not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.