Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes doesn't transfer all songs to my IPhone.

Hello Community,

I have some problems with Itunes for Windows and the synchronisation with my new Iphone 11.

I've had this problem with older Iphones aswell.

Since I'm a DJ, I have got a library of 3000 tracks imported in Itunes. For better overview my tracks are in the Itunes Media Music folder, but in my own genre-named folders. It works perfectly fine. I can listen to all my tracks in Itunes.

The problem is that everytime I sync the library to my Iphone, some tracks are not transfered. It's either not showing the tracks on the Iphone at all or the track name gets faded and when I click it is says "Track not available in your country" or something like that, which is absolute nonsense.

An other indication that Itunes doesn't transfer all my tracks is that everytime I click on sync it transfers 3-4 tracks or more (even if I synced it 10 times in a row).

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Eric

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 2:51 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 7, 2020 5:13 PM in response to ericzuerich

Greetings ericzuerich,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like some songs are not syncing to the iPhone from iTunes on a Windows PC.

If the songs weren't downloading to the device, but had been previously, are syncing via USB or through Wi-Fi?

"If a song isn't available in Apple Music

Some songs or albums might be grayed out because they're not currently available in Apple Music. Here are some reasons why:

• Artists and content providers might release some songs from an album in advance, but not all of them. If you add the entire album to your library, the songs will become available as they're released.
  • Artists and content providers might change or remove music from the Apple Music catalog. Search Apple Music to see if that song is available under a different name or file. If it is, add the song to your library so it's no longer grayed out.
  • The song might not be available in your country or region and will appear in gray text when you search for it in Apple Music.
  • If an explicit song is grayed out, you might have restrictions turned on for your device. You can use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or Screen Time on your Mac to turn off restrictions. You can also add the clean version from Apple Music to your library."

If your songs are grayed out

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Apr 7, 2020 10:40 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Dear Alex,

thanks for you reply.

I may have forgot to mention an important detail, namely, that I download my songs from other platforms than Apple Music.

For example: Beatport, Soundcloud etc.

There are a lot of „unofficial“ remixes and stuff, but I don‘t think this should be a problem... Just because the tracks are not available on Apple Music, they shoudn‘t and aren‘t greyed out.

If the song is available in my country on Beatport, it should also be available on Apple Music. So we can exclude this.

Also the point with the restrictions it not the case for me.

Maybe I should really just delete my whole Itunes Library and re-import all the tracks. But would like to know in advance if this would, since it would take me lots and lots of hours.

Regards,

ericzuerich

Itunes doesn't transfer all songs to my IPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.