Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp - can't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on Mac mini late 2014.

I wanted to install Windows with Boot Camp Assistant. I have external USB flash drive for Windows installation bootable drive, and I want to split Mojave SSD so that Windows have basic 40GB partition.

Everything is running pretty smoothly, but at the last step in Windows setup I am getting

message: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

After that I can only exit installation and go back to macOS.

Does anybody know how to solve this installation issue?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:17 AM

korolija wrote:

Everything is running pretty smoothly, but at the last step in Windows setup I am getting

Apart from the USB2 Flash drive, what other external devices are connected to the 2014 Mini. If there are no other devices, remove the partial installation, run SMC and NVRAM Reset and retry BC Assistant. Do not use a USB3 Flash drive. It needs to be a USB2 flash drive. USB HDDs will also cause failures.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 8:17 AM in response to korolija

korolija wrote:

Apart from the USB2 Flash drive, what other external devices are connected to the 2014 Mini. If there are no other devices, remove the partial installation, run SMC and NVRAM Reset and retry BC Assistant. Do not use a USB3 Flash drive. It needs to be a USB2 flash drive. USB HDDs will also cause failures.

Boot Camp - can't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.