Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing iCloud Photos app in Windows PC

Downloaded iCloud for Windows. Checked the Options under Photos in the iCloud app. Did not have an iCloud Photos Library option; however, with the same explanation underneath, it does have iCloud Photos as an option which is check. Now I want to (i) download my photos to PC from cloud and (ii) view these pics on the PC. However, there is no iCloud Photos app that has downloaded as part of this so no "gateway"/app to actually see photos. (I know I can see them in the cloud on iCloud.com, of course, but point was to download the pics to the PC itself alongside older photos stored under Pictures and viewable on PC through Microsoft's own Photos app.)

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:34 AM

There isn't a Photos app for Windows but any new photos added to iCloud (e.g., by other devices) will automatically sync to your PC. You can also download the photos that were in iCloud at the time you turned iCloud Photos for Windows on. See the "Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photos" section of Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 9:34 AM in response to Rappl

There isn't a Photos app for Windows but any new photos added to iCloud (e.g., by other devices) will automatically sync to your PC. You can also download the photos that were in iCloud at the time you turned iCloud Photos for Windows on. See the "Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photos" section of Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Missing iCloud Photos app in Windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.