Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after turned on power CMD and R button even after that shows quastion mark

Can't reinstall OS. Many times tried everything but shows quastion mark. Also pushed command P and R button showed locked. Before when I had option reinstall I tried dick utility and ereased a disk..don't know why after that I can't do anything...

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:48 AM

Please carefully read If your Mac starts up to a question mark .

6 replies

Apr 5, 2020 11:48 AM in response to anda289

I did it. Just clicked power and alt then showed locked firware password. I knew it and I choosed reinstall OSX Capitan. But there is problem now, when it installing on computer OS copy of Capitan...there I got an answer OSX could not be installed on my computer. No packages were eligible for install. Contact the software manufactured for assistance. What I should do next?

Apr 5, 2020 12:00 PM in response to anda289

It was extremely helpful, it had all the troubleshooting steps. If you don't read the instructions in the steps there is little we can do to help you. I agree with BDAqua, your HD is likely failed. Take the computer to your local independent Apple Authorized Service Provider , have it professionally diagnosed and repaired if you fee it is worth the expense.

after turned on power CMD and R button even after that shows quastion mark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.