Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get past this point OS install

I’m trying to reinstall OS have wiped the hard drive (there is a recovery hard drive I can’t seem to access), seem to be stuck in a loop accessing an Apple ID, (to reinstall OS) have tried a few different Apple IDs but can’t get past this point - Any suggestions very appreciated thank you

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 7:35 AM

Have you tried restarting while holding down the command - R key so you are booted into the Recovery Partition?

See some other options in the article below.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 2, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric thanks for your reply i appreciate it

Yes, I have held down the command - R key so am booted into the Recovery Partition

I can use this to erase the Hard Drive (except what appears to be a partition with an OS reinstaller on it which i can't erase)

After erasing i go to reinstall OS and then get stuck in a loop on the access Apple App Store page.. (to redownload OS i presume), wont get past that screen just loops around and have tried with a few different Apple IDs

cheers, Dan

cant get past this point OS install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.