Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS reinstall

I erased my MacBook Pro to give to my son, and I cannot reinstall the OS. This is the message I get. Has anyone encountered this?

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 4:34 PM

This YouTube video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZqe9neV4I4 - go to 1:14

or follow these steps:

1. When the OS X installer complains that "No packages were eligible for install" and displays this window:
  2. don't restart your Mac.
  3. Turn Wi-Fi off or unplug the Ethernet cord, depending on your configuration, to prevent your Mac from connecting to the Internet:
  4. Select Utilities>Terminal:
  5. Click the window that appears:
  6. and type date 0115124517 (this will reset the date to Jan 1st 12:45 2017). After typing the command, press Enter:
  7. Terminal will confirm that the date has been changed with a line of output that displays the new date.
  8. Quit Terminal:
  9. In the OS X installer window, press Restart:
  10. When your Mac comes back up, disable Wi-Fi and leave the Ethernet cord unplugged, as explained in step 2, and press Continue:
  11. Read the software license agreement, press Agree to accept it and press Continue:
  12. Select the disk on which you want to install "El Capitan" and press Continue (note that the icon and name of the disk will be different in your case) (there is usually only one option. If you have several options because the Time Machine drive is plugged in to your computer, make sure you select the correct drive and not the Time Machine drive):
  13. The installation should now proceed without any errors

[macos - Mac stuck in "El Capitan" installer loop: "no packages were eligible for install" - Ask Different (stackexchange.com)]

Here is also a link to a similar discussion about this topic: El Capitan. no packages were eligible for… - Apple Community

Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 4:34 PM in response to Jwardsc

This YouTube video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZqe9neV4I4 - go to 1:14

or follow these steps:

1. When the OS X installer complains that "No packages were eligible for install" and displays this window:
  2. don't restart your Mac.
  3. Turn Wi-Fi off or unplug the Ethernet cord, depending on your configuration, to prevent your Mac from connecting to the Internet:
  4. Select Utilities>Terminal:
  5. Click the window that appears:
  6. and type date 0115124517 (this will reset the date to Jan 1st 12:45 2017). After typing the command, press Enter:
  7. Terminal will confirm that the date has been changed with a line of output that displays the new date.
  8. Quit Terminal:
  9. In the OS X installer window, press Restart:
  10. When your Mac comes back up, disable Wi-Fi and leave the Ethernet cord unplugged, as explained in step 2, and press Continue:
  11. Read the software license agreement, press Agree to accept it and press Continue:
  12. Select the disk on which you want to install "El Capitan" and press Continue (note that the icon and name of the disk will be different in your case) (there is usually only one option. If you have several options because the Time Machine drive is plugged in to your computer, make sure you select the correct drive and not the Time Machine drive):
  13. The installation should now proceed without any errors

[macos - Mac stuck in "El Capitan" installer loop: "no packages were eligible for install" - Ask Different (stackexchange.com)]

Here is also a link to a similar discussion about this topic: El Capitan. no packages were eligible for… - Apple Community

Good Luck!

OS reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.