Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV works with ethernet and wifi via mobile hotspot, but not home wifi. 2nd Apple TV works in same location.

My Apple TV HD recently stopping being able to stream via home WiFi connection. When I connect the Apple TV to ethernet and my mobile hotspot, they both work.

I updated to the newest software and nothing still. When I look at the network connection on the WiFi that is not working, it shows there is a strong signal.

I used a 2nd Apple TV that my room mate has and her's worked fine in the same location I was trying to stream with the home WiFi connection.

Why would my hardware work with mobile hotspot WiFi and not home WiFi connection? When another Apple TV works with that connection? Very confusing!

Has this happened to anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 12:04 PM

In this order:

Reset the Apple TV

Rest the Router

Reset the Modem

Turn on in reverse order and test.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple TV works with ethernet and wifi via mobile hotspot, but not home wifi. 2nd Apple TV works in same location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.