Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV won’t stay connected to wifi

My apple tv won’t stay connected to my wifi network, but my network connection seems fine on my other devices. could something be wrong with just my apple tv?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:19 PM

Wireless interference can be very local, one corner of one room can have worse Wi-Fi than the rest of the house. It may be caused by something in your house, or even from outside. A neighbor’s Wi-Fi might be configured (recently changed) to use an overlapping Wi-Fi channel. Monitor you current situation with a Wi-Fi analyzer, e.g. iStumbler.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 7:19 PM in response to kate3668

Wireless interference can be very local, one corner of one room can have worse Wi-Fi than the rest of the house. It may be caused by something in your house, or even from outside. A neighbor’s Wi-Fi might be configured (recently changed) to use an overlapping Wi-Fi channel. Monitor you current situation with a Wi-Fi analyzer, e.g. iStumbler.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Apple TV won’t stay connected to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.