Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to move many voice memos from iOS 12 to imac

how to move many voice memos from iOS 12 to imac?

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:41 PM

What didn't work? Are you using the same iCloud account on your iPhone and your Mac? Have you turned on Voice Memos in iCloud on each device. Tell us what you tried and where it failed.

The other suggestion I have is buy Phoneview (https://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/) and move any info you want from your iPhone to your Mac.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 1:41 PM in response to stevie_p

What didn't work? Are you using the same iCloud account on your iPhone and your Mac? Have you turned on Voice Memos in iCloud on each device. Tell us what you tried and where it failed.

The other suggestion I have is buy Phoneview (https://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/) and move any info you want from your iPhone to your Mac.

Apr 9, 2020 7:10 AM in response to stevie_p

Aren't they synced as a playlist in iTunes/Finder if they are stored locally? If it doesn't work, the only thing that will definitely work are Phoneview as suggested or iMazing (both are good, but I use the last one :) ), just select the folder on external drive as the export location and that's it. Just make sure that memos are loaded locally and verify them after export.

Regarding your questions:

• Voice memos are included in the backup, so they'll be on iPhone 11 after you restore the backup from 6, even if it's on iOS 12;
  • Note that if you use iCloud sync for Voice Memos, they are not included in the iCloud backup (as they are already synced to the cloud);
  • Can't say what happens when you make a local backup when voice memos are not saved locally (while saved on the cloud before loading), but they should re-sync from cloud on the new device.

Apr 8, 2020 7:35 PM in response to deggie

I followed jeremy_v instructions verbatim. no results. icloud accounts on each device are identical and signed in successfully. most importantly, how do i copy all the voice memos on my iphone 6 running ios12 to an external hard drive? and, if i buy a new iphone 11, will the voice memos transfer from backups on my imac (2019) or my icloud account? obviously, these voice memos are quite valuable to me!

how to move many voice memos from iOS 12 to imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.