Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unusual Location appearing in log in attempts

So recently my PayPal was hacked which prompted me to change all my passwords and check my logins for all my apps and things on my devices. Upon doing so I noticed that my instagram app on my iPhone showed that I was currently logged in in Ohio, I live in CT. So I said "this was not me" and got logged out. I resent my password and logged back in, the login again showed up as being from Ohio. I then logged into facebook on my computer to see if the problem was just instagram or if it would happen again. The computer login on facebook showed my accurate location as the login location, but when I logged in from my phone, it also showed this wrong location. So my phone is reporting my location as from a different state on these apps. I then checked my location from my fathers phone, because I share my location with him, but that location is accurate. How is this possible? Could it be from some sort of hacking? Or is there some other weird reason that only on these apps would the log in appear as such?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 1:41 PM

1 reply

Unusual Location appearing in log in attempts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.