Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of a shared location just comes up as "location not available"

Has anyone had an issue with all of the sudden the people you have shared your location with and they with you will just come up with a message that says "location not available".

I have tried everything to fix the issue to no avail. Any ideas?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:20 PM

I have experienced this as well every once in a while. I wouldl get the other person's location as "Not Available". When that happens then it is that person's iPhone that is unable to report the location and that can be related to several reasons from poor cellular / WiFi connection to poor GPS connection. In the end, the issue always resolved itself without anything done by me.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 8:20 PM in response to elucil

I have experienced this as well every once in a while. I wouldl get the other person's location as "Not Available". When that happens then it is that person's iPhone that is unable to report the location and that can be related to several reasons from poor cellular / WiFi connection to poor GPS connection. In the end, the issue always resolved itself without anything done by me.

Axel F.

Apr 16, 2020 10:59 AM in response to elucil

I have experienced this on a regular basis in the last month. I have an iPhone SE and my husband has an iPhone 11, both up to date on everything. Poor cell signal issues aside, when I try to see my husband's phone in "Find My" app, it says "location not available." If I persist, it may eventually give me an incorrect location that is (estimated) 1-3 miles away from his actual location, and does not refresh. Yesterday we tested it. We were together at a location. His phone said both of us were at that location. My phone said I was at that location, but that he was about 2 miles away. Also, the accuracy circle for his location did not include the actual location, which was about 1 mile outside the circle. Until about a month ago, locating my husband's phone worked as well as can be expected.

I think I will report a problem to Apple Feedback.

Location of a shared location just comes up as "location not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.