Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i enter time machine i have red bars on the right and cannot access the backups

When I enter time machine, I can see the files but cannot access them, there are red bars on the dates

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:09 PM

Click the date (red bar) on the date you want to restore from and select the file you want to restore. It's much much easier if you have the location of the file in Finder before entering Time Machine, then open Time Machine, navigate to the time you want to restore from, select the file and then click Restore. Here is the link to Apple's instructions:

Use Time Machine to restore deleted files or older files

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 10:09 PM in response to Robsav1579

Click the date (red bar) on the date you want to restore from and select the file you want to restore. It's much much easier if you have the location of the file in Finder before entering Time Machine, then open Time Machine, navigate to the time you want to restore from, select the file and then click Restore. Here is the link to Apple's instructions:

Use Time Machine to restore deleted files or older files

When i enter time machine i have red bars on the right and cannot access the backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.