Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MX922 printer not printing with MacOS Mojave

How can I get my Mac to print. I have a Canon MX922 printer. Dock tells me it is printing but then nothing happens. I've turned Mac & printer off and on again but still won't print. Printer is connected wireless

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:09 AM

Apple's AirPrint supports your wired/wireless Canon MX922 printer without any Canon drivers installed.

You can control/right-click on your printer entry in System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, and select Reset Print System… from the secondary menu. You will be prompted for your admin password, and then that printer entry will be removed. A subsequent panel will appear showing that your powered, networked printer was discovered by Apple's Bourbon service. Click on that entry, and a re-Add printer panel will appear. By default, it will show your last used Canon printer drivers as a selection, but instead, select Air Print, and then re-add the printer. Once the printer entry is back in the Printers window of the Printers & Scanners panel, again, control/right-click on it to set it as the default printer, and then print something.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 8:09 AM in response to Teralw

Apple's AirPrint supports your wired/wireless Canon MX922 printer without any Canon drivers installed.

You can control/right-click on your printer entry in System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, and select Reset Print System… from the secondary menu. You will be prompted for your admin password, and then that printer entry will be removed. A subsequent panel will appear showing that your powered, networked printer was discovered by Apple's Bourbon service. Click on that entry, and a re-Add printer panel will appear. By default, it will show your last used Canon printer drivers as a selection, but instead, select Air Print, and then re-add the printer. Once the printer entry is back in the Printers window of the Printers & Scanners panel, again, control/right-click on it to set it as the default printer, and then print something.

Canon MX922 printer not printing with MacOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.