Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.15.4 disabled innermost USB-C/Thunderbolt Port

The following post on Mar 25, 2020 on MacRumours is true for my 2019 Macbook Pro. I updated to 10.15.4 on April 5 and my peripherals plugging into my innermost thunderbolt port were not mounting. I have a two insert hub that "works" if I flip it but it is only running on the outer most port. Is there an update coming soon to correct this problem?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/10-15-4-may-disable-usb-c-thunderbolt-port.2227918/

WARNING – The latest security updates for both 10.14 & 10.15 may disable the inner-most usb-c/thunderbolt port on iMac Pros. I have two Macs with the same issue. One on each OS. The 2nd mac was working fine until the update was installed, then the port was disabled; pointing directly to the security updates as the culprit. A T5 SSD connected to this specific port shows no power light. The same result appears on both affected Macs.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:14 AM

Try plugging the power adaptor into that port, then remove it. That might reset it.

Or, an SMC Reset.

Similar questions

1 reply

10.15.4 disabled innermost USB-C/Thunderbolt Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.