Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Template in Pages

Hi. I am not computer savvy. I am trying to create a template in Pages that I can easily jump through by hitting one key to add text in previously selected spots. I work with Microsoft products at work. We have templates set up with carets in them. The carets are easily accessed by hitting the f12 key. Is there something like this in Pages that I can use to create a template. Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 11:32 AM

No. Pages is not an MS Word clone, and has none of the features, or a means to simulate the features that you already use at work in MS Word.

If the Mac version of Word in Office 365, or Office 2019 for Mac supports the same functionality that you are using at work, then use MS Word at home for continuity with work generated Word documents.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 11:32 AM in response to Weezertree

No. Pages is not an MS Word clone, and has none of the features, or a means to simulate the features that you already use at work in MS Word.

If the Mac version of Word in Office 365, or Office 2019 for Mac supports the same functionality that you are using at work, then use MS Word at home for continuity with work generated Word documents.

Creating Template in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.