Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Mail

Mail (Version 13.4) on my brand new iMac (Catalina 10.15.4) is going berserk - I end up with hundreds of repeated mails in 'Recovered Messages' in the 'On my Mac' folder. For example, while drafting an email, a copy is 'recovered' about every15 s. Even after I've sent the message, it turns up in multiple copies in 'recovered messages'. Mails that have been deleted from 'Inbox' or 'Junk' end up 'recovered'. Sometimes mails are 'recovered' but don't arrive in the Inbox (or junk either).

There is a help 'tip' suggesting an account/folder which is having multiple recovered messages is rebuilt. It warns that the folder will be emptied and then 'rebuilt' from messages on the server. However, I've tried this in turn for all the folders ('inbox' 'Sent' 'Junk' etc. for each account), but nothing seems to happen and definitely the problem hasn't got better - quite the reverse.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Thanks for any help

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 12:46 PM

I recently had similar crazies, Fiona, and it took quite a long time with different reps. They accessed, helped me navigate to all the nooks and crannies on my MBP. They said it was an error on their side. Maybe they forgot to update it? I just updated to macOsCatalina 10.15.4, and checking it out now.

Save some time; get on your iPhone with the experts.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 12:46 PM in response to fionafromkendal

I recently had similar crazies, Fiona, and it took quite a long time with different reps. They accessed, helped me navigate to all the nooks and crannies on my MBP. They said it was an error on their side. Maybe they forgot to update it? I just updated to macOsCatalina 10.15.4, and checking it out now.

Save some time; get on your iPhone with the experts.

Problems with Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.