Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal purple lines show up on chrome and other apps intermittently

On chrome and some other apps, mainly the GOG store client, purple lines show up on the window. This does not happen every time and after a restart it resolves the problem for a little while. I have tested it on a separate display and it is not just the native display on the laptop. Here is an example of the issue in a screenshot.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 6:30 AM

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, throaway1911!

It sounds like your screen on your MacBook Pro is showing horizontal lines in apps. First, I suggest checking out this article for How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac to see if resetting will resolve the issue.

I also recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Let me know the results and have a terrific day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 6:30 AM in response to throaway1911

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, throaway1911!

It sounds like your screen on your MacBook Pro is showing horizontal lines in apps. First, I suggest checking out this article for How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac to see if resetting will resolve the issue.

I also recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Let me know the results and have a terrific day!

Horizontal purple lines show up on chrome and other apps intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.