Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra “damaged” message when trying to download on my MacPro (late 2011)

I just downloaded regular Sierra earlier today with no issue but I need a more recent macOS for a program I’m trying to run. High Sierra is the last OS compatible with my laptop but every time I try to download it through the App Store I get this message. Is this a flaw on my end or is there something going wrong at the App Store right now?

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 2:01 PM

Hi

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy can be downloaded.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Frugifruit

Hi

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy can be downloaded.

High Sierra “damaged” message when trying to download on my MacPro (late 2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.