Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download all photos from a burst on iCloud to my Win 10 PC?

I have 14,000 pictures in my iCloud (plenty of storage), all taken with my iPhone X.

Many of these are bursts, some containing as little as 2 and others as many as 130 individual frames captured as part of the burst function. I can download any single image to my PC, but when I try to DL a burst, only the first image of the burst set is downloaded.

Even when I double-click the burst thumbnail in iCloud to open the selection page & select some or all of the individual burst frames, I get the same result--only the first frame of the burst set is downloaded. How can I (easily I hope) ensure every individual photo in each burst is downloaded to my PC?

And is there a way to select only a subset of the photos in a burst for download or deletion?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 10:51 AM

You should be able to do this from your iPhone. You don't need and can't use iCloud for this.

Make your multiple selections from the burst, press DONE. Select KEEP EVERYTHING. The selected frames should now be saved to your camera roll as separate photos.

Select those frames/photos and SHARE them via email to an account you can access on your PC.

Save them to your PC from that email.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 10:51 AM in response to Dreams_Raven

You should be able to do this from your iPhone. You don't need and can't use iCloud for this.

Make your multiple selections from the burst, press DONE. Select KEEP EVERYTHING. The selected frames should now be saved to your camera roll as separate photos.

Select those frames/photos and SHARE them via email to an account you can access on your PC.

Save them to your PC from that email.

Apr 7, 2020 10:37 AM in response to LACAllen

Thanks.

You are correct that I can MAKE a selection within a burst--I can even select multiples or all photos within that burst--but the download function seems to ignore my selection, whether it's one or many or all. Instead, no matter WHAT I have selected, only the first photo is downloaded...EVEN if that particular photo is NOT selected at all. Very frustrating for a loyal (since 2007!) iPhone user who has an HP laptop and can't afford to replace it with an Apple product, which would cost twice as much (and up) to replace the hardware only -- probably three times as much if I factor in all the software that would have to be purchased to replace what I have on my PC. I'm still on a Ramen diet because I'm still paying on my 256g X!

How do I download all photos from a burst on iCloud to my Win 10 PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.