Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desperately seeking imovie 10.1.8 updater

Hi,

I have older apps on my 2014 Mac Mini that prevent me from fully updating to latest OS. I was able to make the move from El Capitan to Sierra, but now my iMovie doesnt export a final output.

My iMovie is ver 10.1.1, and I need to take it up ti 10.1.8. But the app store no longer offers that update.

I don't want to go to some virus ridden download site, but I really need the updater.

Does anyone know a safe place to get one?

Thanks a lot

Duane

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 7:45 AM

Go to the App Store and go to the Purchased page.

There you should see iMovie listed. Download.

You will be offered the most up to date version of iMovie 10 that is compatible with the operating system that you are running.

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 7, 2020 8:45 AM in response to thesurreyfriends

I've tried that but it doesnt work...

I went thru the exact path you suggested and hit the update button. Tried it 2x. The first time after gear spinning / searching for 10 min, it took me to a page to update to Catalina. I tried a 2nd time and after 15 min, it's still spinning.

I originally tried a diff path, just finding iMovie in the App store and hitting update. Thats the path that took me to a page saying there was no update available.

Also, when I downloaded the update to Sierra in the App store, it gave a list of apps that couldnt be updated and iMove was in there.

Thats why I am seeking the 10.1.8 updater, from any safe place I can find it.

Thanks

Duane

Desperately seeking imovie 10.1.8 updater

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.